homestead - Re: [Homestead] Arnie's (ugly) Plan

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Arnie's (ugly) Plan
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:21:18 -0800

At 12/17/2004, you wrote:
Eeuuu. Looks like something Cristo would have done. Better than Arney Ugly
but, not something I'd like to see in SF either.

And why would it cost 10 times more? Geez, that's a no brainer. CalTrans
pays $17/hr for a trainee to hold signs on road construction. The old joke
about "what's orange and sleeps three" isn't a joke! If a job will take one
person, CalTrans has a supervisor, two observers, a sub, a driver and 3
people to do the job!

I have not been able to find the source of a report. It indicated that Caltrans is one of the worse in the nation about getting highway monies turned into streets and roads. It has the highest level of overhead on any state in the nation.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com