homestead - RE: [Homestead] Social Security 2005

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Social Security 2005
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:23:48 -0600

Somewhere this week, I read an article that argued that if the economy
continues to perform well, privatizing social security isn't necessary, and
if it performs badly, privatizing won't help at all. When -- and if -- I
find that link, I'll pass it on. Right now, the date for SSI to collapse
keeps being pushed further into the future. Since we're talking about paying
out of pocket anyway, I'd think we could afford to wait and see what
happens.

Marie