homestead - Re: [Homestead] Social Security 2005

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Social Security 2005
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:54:14 -0800

At 12/13/2004, you wrote:
This fourth post on the subject balances it out, two for and two against the proposed privatization plan. This one is against. Have any of you found a site that has actual proposed language of a privatization plan? Seems to me that the Bush administration is waving the privatization flag to see how many bullets will be shot at it and the nature and quality of those bullets, so they can then be prepared to overcome all objections.

So far they have not released any hard proposals. I believe it will be a stealth attack with the eventual idea to destroy SSI. Remember there is that huge chunk they have to pay back already and that is what Greenspan is warning about.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com