homestead - Re: [Homestead] Uncertain economic future

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Uncertain economic future
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:00:27 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: Don Bowen<mailto:don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
> The most stunning aspect of these events has been the insouciance of the
> Bush administration. Neither the president, nor Secretary of the Treasury
> John Snow, nor anyone else has troubled even to emit the usual platitudes
> about the greenbackĀ­not, at least with the slightest conviction. It's
> almost as if they've figured it out. It's almost as if they realize the
> awful truth.
> Which is that the dollar's decline is mainly good for their friends, and

bad mainly for those about whom they couldn't care less.

Exactly - all those chickens who "voted for their Colonel"
(of Kentucky Fried fame).
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:05:23 -0700
To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
Subject: RE: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?

Warren, you obviously know much more than I do about these things.

It is a screw type, a Genie Pro 88, for what that's worth. There are no
electric eyes.

After I lubed it, it would start to open the door but only travel about
twelve inches, then it would reverse itself, as if it had hit an
obstruction, and then go back to the beginning position, where the door is
closed. After some time I tried it again and it worked. Then, later it did
the false start, stop, and return to Go routine. This morning, it opened
the door, I drove out, hit the remote, nothing happened. I ended up
disengaging it and closing the door by hand. After I closed it by hand, I
reengaged it. When I returned home, it did not open. I opened the door by
hand, reengaged it, tried it while looking at it. The motor comes on for a
brief period, then shuts itself off. I removed the housing and observed the
clutch at the back. When the motor gets the signal from the transmitter it
comes on but there is no clutch movement. I am wondering if the many false
starts, stops, and returns perhaps stripped something inside.