homestead - [Homestead] Uncertain economic future

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Uncertain economic future
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:59:53 -0800

Just read an article on oil production, the article touches on a lot more than oil.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041203/bs_nm/markets_oil_dc_34

One line in it surprised me;

>>Signs of slowing U.S. economic growth will further weigh on oil prices, already falling fast as high OPEC (news - web sites) production rebuilds inventories in consuming nations and high fuel costs bite into demand.

"The distribution of employment is disappointing because we're not getting manufacturing jobs at all," said John Silvia chief economist, Wachovia Corp in Charlotte, North Carolina<<

Someone was surprised that the US didn't get manufacturing jobs? That guy must be reading different news articles than I am.

It looks to me that the changes in the world around me are speeding up.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com