homestead - Re: [Homestead] Making the Irresponsible Pay

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Making the Irresponsible Pay
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:28:46 -0500

Maybe looking for a way out, maybe looking for some way to help themselves, maybe the govt help along with what they DIY is what keeps them alive.
<shrug>

Rob, I'd like to think so. More practically I'd like to think that's were it would gravitate to or lead to. But I suspect that when one finds oneself having made a hash of one's life and one's health and one's relationships one's finances, etc. that promoting a facade of internet homesteading against a background of "look at the terrible odds I have to overcome" is an way to instantly snatch an aura of nobility out of the mess. And I think that explains the sensitivity and bitter reactions, none of these want to be reminded that actual self-reliance is possible. Auras fade at any turning shadow but self-reliance doesn't.

James