homestead - [Homestead] Making the Irresponsible Pay

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Making the Irresponsible Pay
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:33:29 -0800

James, originally you were talking about denying welfare on the basis of poor lifestyle choices, especially those that cost money (twice). I've decided that on that specific point, I have to agree. The State will eventually pay for those cigarettes, stomach staples, new livers, etc.

Say, I wonder if private insurers ever insist on any proof that a person is a non-smoker, other than checking the box.

Bill