homestead - Re: [Homestead] Exercise does no damn good... for some

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Exercise does no damn good... for some
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:52:17 -0800

My doctor's uncle-in-law died of a massive heart attack at 46. He was a
marathon runner. He didn't smoke, he was raised on a farm and was running
the same farm he was raised on, didn't eat packaged foods, didn't drink,
their farm was organic before organic had a name, he didn't eat junk foods,
he didn't eat all those foods that supposedly cause bad colesterol. He got
plenty of exercise between training for marathons and triathalons and
working on the farm. He'd had a physical the year before for a life
insurance policy. His colesterol was off the charts.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, there is no one-size-fits-all in any aspect
of life. Sometimes bad things happen and it isn't about any choice they
made.

Lynda