homestead - Re: [Homestead] Portable shop was: My shop - again

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Portable shop was: My shop - again
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:38:47 -0800

At 11/20/2004, you wrote:
Around here, we call the cross box a tool box. Lots of guys have them on
their pickups, usually diamond-plate construction.

Those aluminum diamond plate ones are very little more secure than the plastic ones you see. They are cheap but will do in a pinch. The one I have was very expensive when new because it is heavy sheet steel. I had to lift it around and believe me it is heavy.

http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/images/Cross%20box%20open.jpg

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com