homestead - Re: [Homestead] Blueberry plants, kitchen table tissue culture

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Blueberry plants, kitchen table tissue culture
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:08:53 -0800

We did that with blueberries and gooseberries from Oregon. We brought them
down to a friend's homestead in Mendocino. We stuck them in rooting mix and
babied them for a year in the greehouse. Then took them out, planted them
as hedges along garden divides and put cages around them (deer are prolific)
for the first couple of years. Those plants became the next thing to
invasive!

Lynda, who wishes they would grow up here!