homestead - Re: [Homestead] .....fruit of gods

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] .....fruit of gods
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:47:25 -0800

At 11/11/2004, you wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: Don Bowen<mailto:don.bowen AT earthlink.net> Many of those leases went for millions and family members moved away from the island to places like Seattle..

I suppose it's like the Texas or hell joke -
(Texas is hotter) ... knowing Seatte, but
never off the continent to any of the
tourist South Sea islands, makes me
wonder about "Paradise" as exemplified
by visuals of the tropics, accompanied by
audios of strumming ?ukeleles? and now
being told that the *residents* preferred
places like

It is my understanding that there are many Chanarrows living in Seattle. One woman I talked with was from Pilau and one son was in Huston and another in Chicago. There the idea is to get an education then move to the states.

The population of the island is something like 40,000. There are only about 16,000 natives. Many of the rest are girls from China and other countries working in sweat shops making clothing for Walmart that is ladled Made in the USA. Minimum wage there is $3.05 an hour.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com