homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drawer pulls and door handles, hardware for making custom

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drawer pulls and door handles, hardware for making custom
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:05:51 -0700

How about just simple rustic pulls made from branches of local bushes? All you need is a drill, sandpaper, and lopers.

That's the sort of thing I might do at Heartwood. Here in the city I think stone will appeal to more potential buyers. A clear acrylic finish should make the mineral colors come out.

The Phoenix Mountains Preserve is just two blocks away. The dogs and I go for our hikes there and stones are more than abundant. The only color I have not yet found is blue.