homestead - Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:02:45 EST

In a message dated 10/31/2004 12:48:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lurine AT softcom.net writes:

Sure, they might
have been partially "broken" before they went into the military but far more
of them were destroyed by being in the military. Particularly those from
the Vietnam era who were kicked to the curb and told all their problems were
imaginary, in their minds, there before they went in. I disagree!

I disagree too, I think the main difference with vietnam veterans is that
when they returned home, instead of being honored for their service and
suffering, they were spit on , protested against by the Kerry's and Fonda's
of the wor
ld and made to feel ashamed for their time in.

Drew