homestead - Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:02:06 -0700

At 10/29/2004 01:26 PM, you wrote:
You must also
admit that folks with violent tendencies to begin with are more likely to join
the military, and the tendencies are not the result of the training they
receive.

I BEG YOUR PARDON! Say what? I have violent tendencies because I served my country?
There are a hell of lot of people in uniform and damn few actually carry weapons. These days while occupying a country after we invaded it are a bit different but that's not what you said in that blanket statement.

That wannabe Marine in question is a nut, who else but a nut would do what he did? I'm just not sure what label to slap on someone who makes a statement like you did.
Hell you managed to even rope in all the people who were selected to serve or go to jail (up until '72 or so as I recall. Remember the draft?).

I'm not surprised really (other than you'd say it out loud). There are those who expect others to take care of them, those who see the "Rights" but never manage to see the "Responsibilities" that ALWAYS goes along with the rights...

I'd also guess that you are sitting thinking of me as a dumbass who actually went in and risked my life on occasion when I didn't have to.
<Sigh>, there is no way to explain it.

Rob
rob_b9 AT lycos.com
Western Washington, USA

If you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop diggin'