homestead - Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:26:39 EDT

In a message dated 10/29/04 1:04:17 AM, lurine AT softcom.net writes:

<< Are you serious, Drew? You need to get out more in the real world. There

is an absolute outrageous number of ex-felone, drug addict/alcoholic,

homeless veterans problem in the U.S. the number is highest for the Vietnam

Vets but the Gulf War kids seems to be working hard to catch up.

Don't take my word for it, contact the Vietnam Veterans of California and

ask them for the stats and about their programs which are bringing these

guys AND girls into their transitional housing programs and getting them

into job training and into permanent housing. >>

Of course there are, but the difference in percentage of violent crimes they
commit compared to that of the other civilians is negligable. You must also
admit that folks with violent tendencies to begin with are more likely to
join
the military, and the tendencies are not the result of the training they
receive. I also must point out all the veterans did not come from just the
vietnam
war. You are implying that marine training leads to vicious behavior and the
assault in question, in particular. We must then look at veterans who did not
go
to war to see if this is correct. I do not have stats that just cover these
veterans, but have not experienced in my life, these tendencies in military
people in non-wartime forces. If the training is the cause, then they would
exhibit them.

Drew