homestead - Re: [Homestead] Web browsers

  • From: steve oliphant <steveo AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Web browsers
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:02:50 -0600

Gene GeRue wrote:

We have a number of compueniuses on this list. So how about recommendations to the rest of us who are tired of the pop-ups and other distracting and time-consuming features of Internet Explorer. What do you use?

I use Firefox from Mozilla as my main browser on both Linux and Windows.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ (totally free. Easy to install)

and when I have to use Microsofts IE, I have installed the google toolbar which also blocks popups.
http://toolbar.google.com/

-Steve