homestead - [Homestead] dam letter

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: "Homestead mailing list" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] dam letter
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:01:33 -0700

Warren, that is a classic thank you for brightening my day !

Toni
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:33:10 -0700
From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [Homestead] , was Black Russian Bread Addendum,
old handwritten recipes, Rasputin,

Lynda wrote:

>O.K., all you bakers out there. Any of you bake where the heat is dry, the
>winters COLD (snow) and are at elevations around 3,000'?
>
>I've always lived within a hundred feet of sea level and with an average
>amount of humidity and with temps never hitting zero or even close and temps
>rarely going beyond 90 (last 10 years never going beyond 70).
>
>Now, my bread baking skills are gaged to that type of climate and sea level.
>Before I kill too many loaves, anyone do anything too different from the
>standard "works at sea level" old cookbooks (my bread recipes are my
>grandmother's)?
>
>Lynda
>
>P.S. Tvo, now you've got me digging out my old handwritten recipes that
>were given to me by the Russian couple I worked for as a teenager.

tvoivozhd---Fun-n-n-n-eee. Last real Russian Immigrant couple I ran
into on a beach somewhere in Florida when I was going on a drag with my
big dog named Rasputin. They were aghast, shocked almost into a coma
that I would name a nice animal Rasputin---lot of bad connations about
Rasputin in the Russian community.

  • [Homestead] dam letter, Toni Hawryluk, 10/05/2004