homestead - Re: [Homestead] China & the US, was ... is THE WEATHER

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] China & the US, was ... is THE WEATHER
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:07:52 -0700

At 10/2/2004 07:35 PM, tvo wrote:

I have for some time been worried about the apparent head start the Chinese have in nanotech which can defeat many of the weapons we regard as safe, reliable and essential to our offense and defence. I hope the U.S. is doing more than just tracking what the Chinese are doing,

Until a year ago I'd have thought the US was really concerned (and watching closely) what the Chinese were doing. After they took Iraq and the "after that" plan seemed to be the hope & prayer that the Iraqis would great them with flowers & cheers I have to wonder.

Some time back a Chinese military newspaper had an article about what it would take to defeat the US and what they needed to do to get there. That was before they took that spy plane as I recall...
The article was reported in several of the new sources I watch. Anyway one of the points was they had to come up with a way around the US technology.
I just read an article at http://www.asianresearch.org/articles/2260.html on China's nanotech revolution...

Of course this has little to do with homesteading...

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com