homestead - Re: [Homestead] Education---Catch 'em early

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Education---Catch 'em early
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:40:29 -0700

The system's failure now of days isn't due to a shift in support.
It is funded and supported now more than it ever has in our history. Rather it is because it is an dunsel tool designed to condition people to a role that is no longer available to them.

I presume I am not the only reader who bumped against dunsel tool. I love learning new words, so hopped to my dictionary. No luck. A Google search offered this:

Dunsel
Dunsel is a term reserved for things that have no apparent use. Left over parts that don't fit anywhere. In the original Star Trek there was an episode called 'The Ultimate Computer'. In it Commodore Bob Wesley called Jim Kirk 'Captain Dunsel', because the M5 multitronic super computer had sort of taken his place as commander of the starship Enterprise (NCC 1701). It was just a tease on the Commodore's part (an old friend of Kirk), but it hurt nevertheless.

I have long suspected it is time for a new dictionary. Is dunsel or Dunsel in any of yours and, if so, which one?

Btw, thanks, James.