homestead - Re: [Homestead] Education---Catch 'em early

  • From: Kathyann Natkie <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Education---Catch 'em early
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:17:35 -0400

Toni Hawryluk wrote:

> > How about a less litigious society where a woman can bring her child to
> > work with her?
> > Kathyann, who was lucky enough to have both worlds
>
> At what cost - to her, to her child/children,
> to her ?spouse?, to her employer, to *other*
> taxpayers .... ?

We already established the cost of a good childhood is priceless to
society. Less costs overall from functional people. The question now is
does that mean the state should take them earlier for a "early
education" or society should include mothers with their children in our
midst until the children are ready to be independent.

Kathyann