homestead - Re: [Homestead] Education---Catch 'em early

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Education---Catch 'em early
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:58:57 -0700

clanSkeen wrote:

With the U.S. in the identical position
in this respect as was the Soviet Union, which established combination
daycare centers and schools in residential neighborhoods---all with
walking distance, a proven highly successful solution is the obvious one
to follow---

Bring me up to speed on this one, Tvo. Why is it we want to be emulating
the Soviet Union? Their system as a whole failed and eventually collapsed.
They are paying the price to this day of substituting the state for the
family.

tvoivozhd---because we should be emulating success wherever we find it. Why constantly be reinventing the wheel? The only effective alternative is to fund Mom staying home to watch and care for the kids---you know that is not going to happen in today's political climate.