homestead - Re: [Homestead] CBS recant ... NOT!

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] CBS recant ... NOT!
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:39:26 -0700

RayZentz AT aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/14/2004 12:40:53 AM Central Standard Time, tonihawr AT msn.com writes:

How many Americans have to die before
some looney-tune figures out there *is*
no "legitimate government that represents
all the people of Iraq* any more than
than the looney in Wh___ House represents
*all* Americans ?

You know, using your criteria, no one has a "legitimate" government anywhere.

By default, however, your government represents you. You may be dis-satisfied, dis-enfranchised, or any other "dis" word. You still live here, and you are under the influence of government, like it or not.

tvoivozhd---as far as I know, the only way to change government is to vote it out of office---the Rehnquist/Scalia/homas appointing a President to office isn't going to happen again.

Choosing, or creating, or weeding out... ,whatever, a "legitimate" government, involves, in my opinion, one that is acceptable to the majority of the populace in question. It also involves a government that will not abuse (too much, anyway) minority groups in their populace.

This has been stated before, and is unavoidable. Like it or not, we are involved in Iraq... until such time as the area "stabilizes". I fear that it may be a very long time, but the alternative.. pulling out before the process is complete... will hold far worse consequences.

Ray

tvoivozhd---impossible to cut and run---the consequences would be dreadful beyone imagining. Due to bad planning or no planning at all, in spite of Gen. Frank's heroic efforts, Iraq is a cesspool---ad hoc clambering about in it isn't going to smell well for anybody. After we were positioned to neutralize Fallujah, we vacillated (Washington orders), pulled out and completely lost control of it---now trying to re-enter, which will be more difficult than if done when we were first ready to do so. We are paying the price for too little, too late.