homestead - Re: [Homestead] CBS recant ... NOT!

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] CBS recant ... NOT!
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:03:40 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2004 12:40:53 AM Central Standard Time,
tonihawr AT msn.com writes:

How many Americans have to die before
some looney-tune figures out there *is*
no "legitimate government that represents
all the people of Iraq* any more than
than the looney in Wh___ House represents
*all* Americans ?

You know, using your criteria, no one has a "legitimate" government anywhere.

By default, however, your government represents you. You may be
dis-satisfied, dis-enfranchised, or any other "dis" word. You still live
here, and
you are under the influence of government, like it or not.

Choosing, or creating, or weeding out... ,whatever, a "legitimate"
government, involves, in my opinion, one that is acceptable to the majority
of the
populace in question. It also involves a government that will not abuse
(too
much, anyway) minority groups in their populace.

This has been stated before, and is unavoidable. Like it or not, we are
involved in Iraq... until such time as the area "stabilizes". I fear that
it
may be a very long time, but the alternative.. pulling out before the
process
is complete... will hold far worse consequences.

Ray