homestead - [Homestead] Chickens & Poison Ivy

  • From: "Paul Hillman" <chris_hillman AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Chickens & Poison Ivy
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:18:58 -0500

Does anyone know anything about chickens & their eating of, and contact with, Poison Ivy?

Do they eat it? If so, does it have any adverse affect upon the chickens & their eggs?

Would a person be affected by the egg content because of their eating it?

I would suppose that a person could get affected by handling the chickens and eggs after their foraging through a lot of it.

We have some new land that has a LOT of Poison Ivy on it.

Thanks, Paul & Bernice Hillman