homestead - Re: [Homestead] 400 Russian kids hostage

  • From: Walter H.Jeffries <Highlands AT blacklightning.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 400 Russian kids hostage
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:18:35 -0400

On Sep 1, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Tvoivozhd wrote:
Pretty stupid of Chechen Jehadists, good for U.S. getting more cooperation from Putin against our guerrilla attackers.
:
I would expect this outrage to have savage repercussions. In the old days the entire populace of Chechnya would have been rounded up and in thousands of trainloads, sent to Siberian Gulags, ending the Chechnya attacks in Russia once and for all.

Yes, but Joseph Stalin was too a kind and gentle a man by far when it came to dealing with thugs like these. Hopefully Putin will not be so soft or forgiving.