gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Insurance?

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: KTCopsey@aol.com
  • To: gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Insurance?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:40:07 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/2007 11:24:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com writes:
When the insurance agent found
out that I write books, his underwriter refused to consider writing
me a general liability policy saying that the potential for someone
to sue because of defamation (or something like that) was too great a
risk.  He wouldn't budge when the agent told him I write about gardens
Could I suggest you find an independent agent?? An independent agent will work with you to find coverage that is reasonable and the insurance folks know that there are others out there. I didn't have problem with insurance when I sold herbs but I did get to speak to the agent and rep myself.  We came up with a very good set of guidelines about what I would or would not say (generally the medicinal side).
Kate

www.katecopsey.com
Beacon Media Newspapers
www.Beaconcast.com