gwl-g - [gwl-g] Insurance?

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: N Sterman <TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Insurance?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:20:27 -0700

Question about insurance.

I am going to teach a class for a government agency that requires me to have general liability insurance. When the insurance agent found out that I write books, his underwriter refused to consider writing me a general liability policy saying that the potential for someone to sue because of defamation (or something like that) was too great a risk. He wouldn't budge when the agent told him I write about gardens.

I need the insurance but I don't know where to turn next.

Suggestions anyone????

Thanks

Nan Sterman Plant Soup, Inc. TM
Garden writer
Garden coach
Horticulture consultant
Speaker
NSterman@PlantSoup.Com 760 634-2902 (v) 760 634-2957 (f)
PO Box 231034
Encinitas, CA 92023

Watch for California Gardener's Guide vol II on shelves in September '07