gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Flower for Acid Soil

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "eczekalski" <eczekalski@gaias-gift.com>
  • To: "'gardenwriters-on-gardening'" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Flower for Acid Soil
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 17:47:40 -0400

My soil wants to go that way. Bugleweed seems to like it; persistent ground
cover after spring bloom, a bit invasive but easy to pull; choice of leaf
colors. And bleeding heart, in my experience. It's a little bigger but it
will go dormant early in full sun. Ferns, but after having spent years
cleaning ferns out of places where I didn't want them, I wouldn't use ferns
in this context. Foxglove goes crazy here, too.

Googling shows this list.
http://www.crescentbloom.com/Plants/Lists/Acidic%20Soils/index.htm

Esther Czekalski