gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Plastic garden/landscape edging

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "bbmackey" <bbmackey@prodigy.net>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Plastic garden/landscape edging
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:55:23 -0400

The best looking edging I have seen was done by one of my neighbors. She made a flat brick edging between her flowerbed and lawn by setting guite a lot of bricks in a line, not end to end but next to each other in perpindicular fashion, for a wider edge. She did not use mortar (we have clay soil here) but she could have if she had wanted to. She dug out the space maybe two inches deep,  so that their tops are flush with the ground. The lawn mower goes right over them.

With best wishes,
Betty

Betty Mackey, Publisher
B. B. Mackey Books
P. O. Box 475
Wayne, PA 19087
bbmackey@prodigy.net
www.mackeybooks.com

Has anyone used plastic garden edging to separate mowed turf from garden and had a positive experience for several seasons, especially in the north? Mowing, installation, and barrier effectiveness are concerns.