gmark - Re: Stilling the Storm

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Michael Abernathy" <mabernat AT cub.kcnet.org>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Stilling the Storm
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:29:51 -0800

Three things,
First, I do not claim that the dating of Mark makes it irrefutably true.
What I claim is that there would be eye witnesses available. Second, You
seem to have fallen into the same logical error that many people do
concerning the average life span. An average life span of 30 years is
calculated by adding in infant mortality rates and the all those premature
deaths caused by childhood diseases, infections, war, etc. Many people
lived into their seventies and eighties. Which leaves us with at least one
known witnesses, the apostle John.
Third, I have seen a similar set of parallels between the sea passages
in the Odyssey and the stilling of the storm in Mark. It just is not enough
to find parallels because real parallels often exist between historical
events or even between real life and literature.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy