freetds - Re: [freetds] Using DBLIB With Azure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <brian AT bruns.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Using DBLIB With Azure
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:38:05 -0400

Well, we store plenty of client properties in the freetds.conf.
textsize, timeouts, client charset, etc...

Certainly, if the .conf had a database property set, the program could
override it. Like DBSETLPACKET() and "initial block size" options.

If and when I find the need to connect to Azure, you can look for a
patch from me, as sqsh and other clients will be hard pressed to act
correctly without.

Of course, with ODBC one can encode the username, password, and so on
both in the odbc.ini and set it programmatically as well, the
programmatic settings overriding the configuration file ones.

All that said, I have a couple other extensions to dblib and ctlib,
I'll get around to wrapping up and submitting someday soon, so perhaps
dblib is not dead, just the organization in charge of extending it has
changed.

Brian