freetds - Re: [freetds] Make problem....

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: craigberry AT mac.com
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Make problem....
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:26:35 -0400

Craig A. Berry wrote:

> > | http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/CVS
> > |
> > | "All standard features of CVS 1.11.x are supported."
> >
> > Heh, that explains it. I will add to to my reasons for not using
> > ScourgeForge.
>

> How about we add it to the reasons to ditch CVS and switch to git or
> Mercurial?

How to put this exactly? You can't expect a guy who maintains a 20-year
old API in a 40-year old language to rush into using new tools?

At the risk of seeming hopelessly stodgy, I would be willing to move to
Subversion, which (finally!) I also use at work. Sadly, it appears svn
doesn't support local keyword substitution at all, whereas if SF were to
upgrade CVS, we'd have the feature.

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/ccvs/NEWS?revision=1.383&root=cvs&view=markup

Talk about not rushing: It appears the feature was added to CVS in 2003
in version 1.12.2.