freetds - Re: [freetds] Make problem....

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: christos AT zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas)
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Make problem....
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:04:07 -0400

On Jun 19, 10:10am, jklowden AT schemamania.org (jklowden AT schemamania.org) wrote:

| On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 09:28:11AM +0200, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
| > 2009/6/19 James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>
| > > I looked through SF's CVS support. ?I used adminrepo. ?It doesn't give
| > > access to $CVSROOT/config. ?All I can get to is $CVSROOT/freetds.
| >
| > to do the change is sufficient to checkout CVSROOT using a command like
| >
| > cvs -d :ext:username AT freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freetds
| > checkout CVSROOT
| >
| > that edit CVSROOT/config and commit it.
|
| Thanks for the pointer, Freddy. I had CVSROOT and $CVSROOT confused.
|
| Sadly, it doesn't seem to work. I checked out CVSROOT/config and added:
|
| # Add a "FreeTDS" keyword
| # cf. http://cvsman.com/cvs-1.12.12/cvs_104.php#SEC104
| # "12.5 Configuring Keyword Expansion"
| LocalKeyword=FreeTDS=CVSHeader

KeywordExpand=iFreeTDS,Author,CVSHeader,Date,Header,Id,Locker,Log,Name,RCSfile,Revision,Source,State

| and committed. I then changed the last line of ChangeLog:
|
| $FreeTDS$
|
| but it doesn't expand. :-( What am I missing? (Feel free to try
yourself.)

| > Do you think to use FreeTDS as an alias to Id ??
|
| CVSHeader looks a little better because it includes the path. I could
| be convinced either way, though.

Is that "iFreeTDS" intentional? We decided not to put the path there, because
it is really meaningless (who cares what the absolute location of the CVS
repository is) and it would modify all the files if it moved. It also
makes the line too long... Usually I do ident <binary> to find out what
versions of source are there. I don't think that you need the KeywordExpand
line at all. What version of cvs does sourceforge run?

christos