freetds - Re: [freetds] New release roadmap

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Igor Korot <ikorot AT earthlink.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] New release roadmap
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:06:35 -0400 (EDT)

James,

-----Original Message-----

I was actually thinking about bringing the driver to be more standard,
in terms of ODBC standard way of doing things.

>> >Much better in Win32/64 would be domain-login ability using the Win32
>> >API to pass the credentials.
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't have a means to test it on Windows
>
>Nor does anyone. The feature has not yet been written.
>
>> I also wonder what will happen with the driver in this case: will
>> it fail? do nothing? spits error message about not enough connect info?
>
>Just fail. Libraries should be totally silent. They return error codes
>that the caller converts into messages.

So, it just return an ODBC-compliant error code, correct?

>--jkl
>
>P.S. Please look at your email settings. You might not be aware your
>email client is setting the Reply To header to include your email address,
>and that you're cc'ing me. I get two messages and have to be careful to
>make sure my reply goes to the list. By default, any reply goes at least
>to you, and maybe to the list. (If you're not familiar with how Reply To
>works, now would be a good time to read up on it.)
>
>To make matters worse, if I cc you (as the Reply To header requests) I get
>a bounce message, "If you would like to be added to my list of approved
>senders, please fill out the short request form". Now, me, I'm Mr.
>Equanimity, but others might get irritated. I'm just going to decline to
>participate.
>
>I would have let you know off-list, but I'm not very good with forms.

Thank you.
I didn't include your E-mail here (or at least I don't see it in my
To/Cc/Bcc lists), so if you catch it in this message, let me know.