freetds - Re: [freetds] New release roadmap

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Igor Korot <ikorot AT earthlink.net>, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] New release roadmap
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:47:39 +0100

2009/3/11 Igor Korot <ikorot AT earthlink.net>:
> Hi, Frediano,
>
> Would it be possible to implement the stuff explained in here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms715400(VS.85).aspx.
>
> Specifically I'm looking to this:
>
> [quote]
> A generic application might take this one step further and not even
> specify a data source. When SQLDriverConnect receives an empty connection
> string, the Driver Manager displays the following dialog box.
> [/quote]
>
> Thank you.

This is specific to DM so it have to be implemented in DM. We could
implement this part:

The driver might then display a dialog box that prompts for user IDs
and passwords, similar to the following illustration.

(the driver part, if we have DSN... or just DRIVER perhaps)

However we have no plan for this stuff.