freetds - Re: [freetds] dblib unit tests

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dblib unit tests
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:20:38 +0100

Il giorno lun, 17/11/2008 alle 20.33 -0500, James K. Lowden ha scritto:
> I began to modify our unit tests to work with Microsoft's db-lib. Some of
> our tests "pass" FreeTDS but fail with Microsoft's. Some can't be
> compiled.
>
> In the case of t0013, if failed because the test was wrong. FreeTDS
> permits dbwritetext() after dbresults() returns NO_MORE_ROWS, and t0013
> took advantage of that. Microsoft's library complained of an invalid
> textptr. Docs don't say, but the examples all call dbwritetext() -- with
> another DBPROCESS -- after dbresults() returns REG_ROW.
>
> After modifying t0013 to work with Microsoft's library, it continues to
> work with FreeTDS. (Whew!)
>
> BTW, the issue Ted Hayes raise is still broken; my first attempted fix was
> wrong. t0018 works fine with Microsoft's db-lib.
>
> If anyone else is interested in working on this, I'm happy to share my
> nmake-compatible Makefile.
>
> More ahead.

Hi,
perhaps you are doing too much things at the same time :)
Some time ago I tested with Sybase APIs and results was not so bad...
I have no time to help you... my TODO list get longer while my free time
became shorter (pant... my evaluation mssql 2008 expired so I have to
install a new developer version :( )
I do similar things for ODBC but I'm lucky, ODBC is binary compatible so
I just use a cross compiler and some batch to get all job done.
Are you sure that our tests cannot be compiled just with MS headers ??
I saw a note in ChangeLog but I didn't see commits to dblib unittests,
did you forget to commit?
You could commit the nmake Makefile into misc directory.

Regards
Frediano Ziglio