freetds - Re: [freetds] can you help the project?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] can you help the project?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:45:01 +0200

> At 8:33 AM -0400 6/8/07, James K. Lowden wrote:
> >Would you like to do something vital for FreeTDS? Can you
> put a modern
> >Sybase server online for use by the FreeTDS developers?
>
> I can't, but how many of the developers don't have an
> x86-based Linux box available where they can install the free
> ASE Express Edition:
>
> http://www.sybase.com/linuxpromo
>
> ?

I downloaded version 15.
I tried to install (FC5)... crash... I read a lot of faq, change
environments (LANG, LD_POINTER_GUARD, other...), profiles, I tried with
a chrooted Linux (RH9), fixed some missing library. Naturally every time
installing again after a cleanup... after 3 days I'm still unable to
install ASE 15.. it always crashes!!