freetds - [freetds] Requested: Clarification about TEXT type (0x23) on SqlServer

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: crawford charles <fiducianettestz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Requested: Clarification about TEXT type (0x23) on SqlServer
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:02:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have been looking at some traces of version 7.1
SqlServer traffic, and I am confused about TEXT
(0x23).

Does this have a TXTPTR (as it does in SYBASE), and is
it supposed to be UCS2 or ASCII?

It looks like it uses ASCII and does NOT have a TXTPTR
in an RPC message, but it is not as clear in the
response.

I get some traces that seem to say both, but I may
just be confusing two columns.

Thankyou.

C.

It's here! Your new message!