freetds - Re: [freetds] Requested: Clarification about TEXT type (0x23) on SqlServer

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: crawford charles <fiducianettestz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Requested: Clarification about TEXT type (0x23) on SqlServer
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 11:39:25 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Lowden,

Thank you, sir.

That bit about the collation was enlightening. I
have avoided trying to grok the complexity of the
collation information until now. I have found a
few pages on MSDN about them, and particularly
copying data between different collations, I can
tell this is going to be a long study.

I had expected that TXTPTR would be present for
TEXT type, but I think I have an example of a
client RPC packet (0x03) where a TEXT parameter
does not have TTXTPTR but does have COLLATE. I
had hoped to attach an example capture file, but
I'm still trying to remove identifying information
from it...

One more question, if your would be so kind:
what does it mean when a RESULT (0x81) response
token has a length of -1 (0xFFFF). This is in
response to a sp_cursor RPC(core id == 1). I infer
that it may mean "refer to previous RESULT", or
perhaps some default, but it is not immediately
obvious.

Thank you again for all your help, and for FreeTDS.

C.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail