freetds - [freetds] missing data w/ sqlserver2005 and unixodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: magic hat <magic_hat60622 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] missing data w/ sqlserver2005 and unixodbc
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:01:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, everyone. I'm using freetds 0.63, and unixodbc to connect to sqlserver
2005 with a Ruby on Rails application.

My connection is fine when I test with tsql, and many queries generated by
the Rails app work okay.

However, when it issues this:

SELECT TOP 20 * FROM ccc.Item WHERE (ccc.Item.CategoryID = 3 AND
(ccc.Item.Quantity>0)) ORDER BY Web_IMG_SRC desc

I get 'no data found'.

I've confirmed that the query returns data when I execute using isql.

The freetds log file generated from this operation is 3.5MB, so I'm a little
unclear as to where to begin looking for problems, and how I might address
them.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.