freetds - Re: [freetds] bcp currently broken for BIT type in TDS 5.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] bcp currently broken for BIT type in TDS 5.0
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:42:19 -0500

Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:
> 1) do bit columns have to be declared contiguously in a table definition
> ?

Not afaik. If so, nowhere documented.

> The manual says:
>
> "The status column in the syscolumns system table indicates the unique
> offset position for bit datatype columns"

Yes, but indicate how? The answer is more mysterious than the question.
Here is part of a a Ribo log of Sybase's bcp loading my 2-bit table:

LANGUAGE Token (0x21); variable length.
Length [4]: 83
Status [1]: UNUSED (0x00)
Text Length [0]: [82]
Text [82]: "select sysstat2 from FreeTDS..sysobjects
where id = object_id('FreeTDS..bittypes')"
ROWFMT2 Token (0x61);
Length [4]: 35
Number of Columns [2]: 1
Column 1
Column Label Length [1]: 8
Column Label [8]: "sysstat2"
Catalog Name Length [1]: 0
Schema Length [1]: 0
Table Name Length [1]: 10
Table Name [10]: "sysobjects"
Column Name Length [1]: 8
Column Name [8]: "sysstat2"
Status [4]: ROW_UPDATABLE (0x00000010)
User Type [4]: 0x00000007
Data Type [1]: INT4
Length [0]: [4]
Locale Length [1]: 0

CONTROL Token (0xAE); variable length.
Length [2]: 1
Control Info Length [1]: 0

ROW Token (0xD1); variable length.
Column 1
Length [0]: [4]
Row data [4]: 74240 (0x00012200)

I guess asking about sysobject.sysstat2 for the table is reasonable, sort
of. But what might 0x00012200 mean as answer?