freetds - Re: [freetds] New install not working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bruce Reeves" <asterisk AT nortex-networks.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] New install not working
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:37:08 -0600

Brilliant!! I had only tried testing the connection from another machine.
Come to find out I had a error in the dns configuration on the server.

Many thanks.

On 12/14/06, James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org> wrote:

Bruce Reeves wrote:

> # tsql -S server -U sa
> locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
> locale charset is "UTF-8"
> Password:
> There was a problem connecting to the server

You might want to have another look at the Troubleshooting section of the
User Guide. Personally, I'd try:

$ TDSDUMP=stderr tsq -S server -U sa

and see what it says. Maybe it's not connecting to the server you intend?

HTH.