freetds - [freetds] TDS 5.0 capabilities

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] TDS 5.0 capabilities
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:10:57 -0500

As part of my effort to fix bcp loading of BIT datatypes in TDS 5.0, I
thought I'd explore the capabilities of the connection, i.e. the
capability bits in the negotiated login. I didn't find anything that
seems to shed light on the problem I was after.

However, I did enumerate the bits and we now have a generalized
capability-setting function in libtds. (There is one already in ct-lib,
but mine is much smaller.)

I haven't looked into whether or not this functionality could be used by
ODBC. I don't find it anywhere in Sybase's db-lib description.

--jkl

  • [freetds] TDS 5.0 capabilities, James K. Lowden, 12/14/2006