freetds - [freetds] New install not working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bruce Reeves" <asterisk AT nortex-networks.com>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] New install not working
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:16:50 -0600

I have done a few installs in the last couple months and had no issues until
this one. I have used the same config statement but I cannot connect to a
server that I know is working.

./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --enable-msdblib --enable-threadsafe
--enable-sybase-compat

# tsql -S server -U sa
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Password:
There was a problem connecting to the server
#

# tsql -C
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
Version: freetds v0.64
MS db-lib source compatibility: yes
Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 7.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: no

Everything matches another system I setup two weeks ago and that connects to
server, but not this time. Can someone give me some ideas what to look for
or at?

--
Bruce
Nortex Networks