freetds - Re: [freetds] truncated data from query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "robert lazarski" <robertlazarski AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] truncated data from query
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:53:24 -0300

Ach, sorry, I'm wasting your time. Let's just see the TDSDUMP output. (If
you see your password in that log, you're using TDS 4.2 whether you mean to
be or not. But I doubt that's the case.)

You actually might end up saving my time. If I can get my query
non-truncated via freetds, I don't have to use microsoft and its tools
to do this ;-) .

Since this file is big, I put it here for those that want to look at it:

http://www.braziloutsource.com/random/freetds.log

I'm using a shell pipe to execute the query:

cat dt.sql | isql -m8196 -v newat3 newatuser3 newatpassword

The -m8196 doesn't seem to help. The dt.sql content I ran is:

EXEC sp_generate_inserts [FUNDASSET],@owner = [dbo],@ommit_images = 1,
@disable_constraints = 1

That produced about 20 lines truncated like:

| INSERT [dbo].[FUNDASSET]
([fundAssetID],[created],[modified],[createdUserID],[modifiedUserID],[currentShares],[washRuleDate],[maxPositionSize],[maxPositionReason],[annualizeReturn],[expectedReturnCalculation],[assetID],[fundID],[statusID],[categoryID])VALUES(1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1250000,'Jul
5 200|
| INSERT [dbo].[FUNDASSET]
([fundAssetID],[created],[modified],[createdUserID],[modifiedUserID],[currentShares],[washRuleDate],[maxPositionSize],[maxPositionReason],[annualizeReturn],[expectedReturnCalculation],[assetID],[fundID],[statusID],[categoryID])VALUES(2,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,350000,'Jul
5 2006|

The date is truncated as well as 8 more columns of data.

Thanks! Sure, let me know off line how I can help work out the linux problems.
Robert