freetds - Re: [freetds] truncated data from query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "robert lazarski" <robertlazarski AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] truncated data from query
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:07:54 -0300

On 10/4/06, Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu> wrote:

On Oct 4, 2006, at 20:45, robert lazarski wrote:

> sed: invalid option -- E
> Usage: sed [OPTION]... {script-only-if-no-other-script} [input-
> file]...
> The version of sed I got is GNU sed version 4.1.4 .

Ah, the wonderful differences between BSD sed and GNU sed.
I believe the BSD sed -E option's equivalent is -r in GNU sed.

--
fds

Thanks! This is what I get now:

/usr/local/etc> ./osql.sh -Snewat3 -Unewatuser3 -Pnewatpassword
newat3 newatuser3 newatpassword
odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini should be in /lib/ld-linux.so.2
using "/root/.odbc.ini"
found this section:
/^\[newat3\]/,/^[[:space:]]*$/ { s/^/ /; p; }
[newat3]
Description = tds
Driver = tds
Servername = tds
Database = alphatheorydev
UID = newatuser3
PWD = newatpassword
Port = 1433

looking for driver in [newat3]
driver "tds" found for [newat3] in .odbc.ini
found driver named "tds"
tds is not a readable file
looking for entry named [tds] in /lib/ld-linux.so.2/odbcinst.ini
grep: /lib/ld-linux.so.2/odbcinst.ini: Not a directory

Here's my config - I'm very newbie. To reiterate - I'm trying run a
stored procedure that dumps all the table contents to 'INSERT'
statements, and all the lines are truncated at 304 char's .

[global]
# TDS protocol version
tds version = 4.2

; initial block size = 512

# uses some fixes required for some bugged MSSQL 7.0 server that
# return invalid data to big endian clients
# NOTE TDS version 7.0 or 8.0 should be used instead
; swap broken dates = no
; swap broken money = no

# Whether to write a TDSDUMP file for diagnostic purposes
# (setting this to /tmp is insecure on a multi-user system)
; dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
; debug flags = 0xffff

# Command and connection timeouts
; timeout = 10
; connect timeout = 10

# If you get out of memory errors, it may mean that your client
# is trying to allocate a huge buffer for a TEXT field.
# (Microsoft servers sometimes pretend TEXT columns are
# 4 GB wide!) If you have this problem, try setting
# 'text size' to a more reasonable limit
text size = 64512

# This is a Sybase hosted database server, if you are directly on the
# net you can use it to test.
[JDBC]
host = 192.138.151.39
port = 4444
tds version = 5.0

# The same server, using TDS 4.2. Used in configuration examples for the
# pool server, since the pool server supports only TDS 4.2.
[JDBC_42]
host = 192.138.151.39
port = 4444
tds version = 4.2

# The client connecting to the pool server will use this to find its
# listening socket. This entry assumes that the client is on the same
# system as the pool server.
[mypool]
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 5000
tds version = 4.2

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 configuration
;[MyServer70]
; host = ntmachine.domain.com
; port = 1433
; tds version = 7.0

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 2000 configuration
;[MyServer2k]
; host = ntmachine.domain.com
; port = 1433
; tds version = 8.0

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 6.x configuration
;[MyServer65]
; host = ntmachine.domain.com
; port = 1433
; tds version = 4.2