freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS, DBD::Sybase, MS SQL Server and multiple result sets

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Simon Matthews" <sam AT knowledgepool.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS, DBD::Sybase, MS SQL Server and multiple result sets
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:12:29 +0100

Michael,
thanks for the tip. For the record, I now have the above
combination working. One thing that did confuse me is that the tests in
DBD::Sybase for multiple result sets fail on MS SQL server. It would
appear that the queries rely on Sybase specific system procedures.
Would it be better to switch them to generic queries that just return
fixed values? This way the tests could be portable.

Thanks again for the guidance.

Regards

sam