freetds - [freetds] ODBC Connection problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "shiv kumar" <shivblore2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] ODBC Connection problem
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:37:21 +0530

Hey,

I have installed the FreeTDS(0.63 ) and Unix ODBC(2.2.11) over our Solaris
machine. When I tried to connect the SYBASE server using isql, it is
throwing me the following error. I have tried with various user name and
password but no of use. At the same time I am able connect successfully
connect using the EASYSoft syabse driver. Please not that I am passing
the correct user name and password in isql.

I have installed the FreeTDS in non roort directory i.e., not in /usr/local
directory. Will this is a problem?

ask@logan:bin> isql -v SASA system system

[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

[28000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login incorrect.

[08S01][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Read from SQL server failed.

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

ask@logan:UODBC> cat ./etc/odbc*.ini

[SASA]

Driver = FreeTDS

Description = Test Sybase Database with FreeTDS

Trace = No

Server = 172.25.8.135

Port = 4100

TDS Version = 5.0

Database = shiv_1

[FreeTDS]

Description = v0.63 with protocol v8.0

Driver = /export/home/ask/TDS/lib/libtdsodbc.so

UsageCount = 1

ask@logan:UODBC>

Thanks,

Shiva