freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS not finding freetds.conf

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew Mattie" <amattie AT chilitech.net>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS not finding freetds.conf
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:34:18 -0400

TDSDUMP and TDSDUMPCONFIG still weren't telling me where the search for
freetds.conf was taking place, so I tried the following, as suggested.

testuser@localhost:~$ strings /usr/lib/libtds.a |grep freetds.conf
.freetds.conf
(.freetds.conf)
/etc/freetds/freetds.conf
%L ...Error getting ~/.freetds.conf. Trying %s.

It looks like it's looking for the file in the correct location, but it
doesn't seem to actually read the file and interpret it.

Either way, I took the suggestion of manually upgrading my version to the
latest stable version. I tried it out after installing it, and it worked
perfectly!

I guess that the problem now is that the version of FreeTDS in Debian's
package tree, even after I had it updated, is really outdated. I guess
someone could look into packaging a newer version if they really wanted to.

Anyway, thanks for your help!