freetds - [freetds] login problem with sql 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jeremy Kister <freetds-01 AT jeremykister.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] login problem with sql 2000
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 03:42:33 -0400

I'm having problems connecting to a mssql server (that I am not the
administrator of), which requires domain logins. The error I'm getting is:

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection

I'm using freetds 0.63 (tsver 8.0) with DBD::Sybase 1.05, and perl
5.8.3. I've also tried tdsver 7.0.

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/domains.htm says the problem is likely
that the server is configured to only use Named Pipes for
authentication. Before I contact the administrator of the sql box, I
want to get my ducks lined up.

Is it true that this could be a named pipes problem, even though I can
make a socket to the server on port 1433/tcp, and can /not/ make sockets
to 135/139/445 ?

is there reasoning against setting the "Send LM & NTLM responses", as
the FreeTDS site suggests ?

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./